Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What's Your Favorite Find?

While browsing around this morning, we read that our on-line pal/customer extraordinaire Linda Crispell was "attending" a Blog Party hosted by the folks at Flea Market Style:

Being included on the guest list was seemingly easy -- just pick your favorite flea market find. But like a father with many children, how can you name one without your heart breaking over the others? If you've been a "flea marketeer" (their term!) for long, I'm sure you can relate.


However, out of many well-loved treasures, I have to say THIS is at the top or at least close to it. It's a hand-made shooting gallery target, probably from some type of small-town carnival. It has so much going for it -- I love hearts as a motif, but they have to be funky; I adore the color red; its brokenness is captivating; it was made by hand. Sigh. It makes me smile every time I see it.
Want to share one of your favorites? Just click to join the party! xo

4 comments:

Shannan Martin said...

"Its brokenness is captivating."

You just perfectly defined my love for all things worn, tattered and chippy.

I may have to even quote you on this, though I'll be sure to source the author. :)

What a wildly fun find, by the way!

Sammy Girl said...

Love the heart! How large/small is it? I agree that it's hard to choose the favorite one, as that changes ... FREQUENTLY. I must admit to being a little fickle, and think my favorite depends upon which room in the house I'm in, lol!
I would love some advice about mounting "hardware" stuff ... thanks for the offer! (I have a couple of things I'd like to do if not too hard ...)
Hugs!
Betty :)

ann at greenoak said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ann at greenoak said...

im on a forum run by one of the people on the new mag...ki nasseur... its http:www.junkrevolution.com its nice...and lots of junky and recycled ideas!!! ann