Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Closet Collector; Grayslake Report; Bookend; Wheaton Coupon

CLOSET COLLECTOR

There are definitely things I can't seem to resist buying. Decorating books and magazines, for instance. Plus resale from my favorite stores and brands. But I don't really think of myself as a serious collector of anything in particular. However, lately I've noticed a jump in the number of items in certain little vignettes around the house, such as these sweet little cups:

I have a hard time resisting them when I can find them for a dollar or two. I love their little sayings and pretty colors! But now my small cabinet is almost full! When did this happen? Last time I looked, there was plenty of room. Maybe I'm more of a collector than I realize. What about you? What catches your fancy? Leave a comment and share!

GRAYSLAKE REPORT

Well, the joint was jumping Saturday. A new attendance record was set as mild temperatures brought out the shoppers. Unfortunately, the wind wasn't too kind to the outside dealers -- it was really gusty. We sold tons of smalls, lots of garden and a little furniture. Sunday was steady too. Many thanks to all who came out to support the show. Once again, some great new vendors were on hand, which is always good to see.

BOOKEND

Well, I'm kind of sad to leave my friend Lisbeth Salander behind. I just finished the last of the three books in the "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" series, and I am going to miss her. What a great read! As I understand it, more books were actually written in the series, but due to the author's untimely death, they have never been published. Hope that the parties involved can work things out -- I really want to know what happens next! Be advised that the series is not for the faint of heart.

This might be kind of cheating, but here's a selection I haven't even started yet:

My folks just finished it and loved it. Written by controversial British historian Niall Ferguson, "Civilization" purports to explain the dominance of Western ideas globally over the past 5 centuries. Non-fiction always feels a little like homework to me, but I've heard this is a great read! Gonna give it a try.

NEXT UP: WHEATON

Join us this Saturday at the DuPage County Fairgrounds for the last Wheaton Antique Market of the season. The weather is supposed to be beautiful, and we'll be all about spring to celebrate. And be sure to wear some green -- it's St. Patrick's Day in Chicagoland! Print the coupon below and bring it along for 50-percent off your regular admission. See you there -- click on the show sidebar if you need more information. xo


No comments: