Monday, September 28, 2009

Fall Comes to Allegan

It was picture-perfect: oak leaves swirling gently to the ground; bright blue skies; apples, pumpkins, bittersweet and hay bales strewn all around...the kind of fall setting that makes a Midwestern girl's heart smile. Fall had come to Allegan.

The show was great -- steadily busy all day, everyone in a good mood. Industrial pieces, containers and anything seasonal were the strongest sellers.

Everyone oohed and aahed over our favorite piece -- this fabulous original-paint dresser, complete with beveled mirror. Look at the great detail on this trim piece:


We didn't sell it, but it's soooo pretty, I won't mind if it hangs around for another show or two. Joe's original recipe Thai Curry Chili placed second in the annual cook-off, missing the trophy by only one vote. Every last bite was gone! Somehow, I ended up with the pot to wash...hmm. Something seems wrong here... (: Today, we're off to Midland, then we'll be getting ready for Kane. Come and see our beautiful dresser there, plus all the other great fall finds we'll have ready. xo

4 comments:

Flower Patch Farmgirl said...

It was so fun seeing the both of you! And I'm tickled pink that I walked away with that blue thing. (What exactly should I call it? A shelf? A rack?) You guys rock!

TAPESTRIESOFNATURE said...

I BE THAT FAB DRESSER WON'T LAST LONG AT KANE! IT'S WONDERFUL!
I WILL BE SET UP INSIDE AGAIN. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU GOOD PEOPLE AGAIN.

OH, AND DON'T FORGET, THERE ARE SOME THINGS ON MY SHOPS FRONT PORCH THAT I WOULD LIKE TO DONATE IF YOU HAVE ROOM AFTER THE SHOW. OR WHATEVER IS CONVENIENT.

DRIVE SAFE. JUDY

VanDaff's Interior Design & Antiques said...

We loved the chili! Joe we want your recipe. Always good to see you both. Look forward to setting up close to you at Kane. Dan

Anne~fiona and twig said...

I discovered you via Flower Patch Farmgirl, what a kick-ass blog you've got here! Love the dresser, I'm sure I would've loved the Thai Curry Chili, too. Just how spicy is it, by the way? Cuz I like mine HOT!
So glad I discovered you!
~ Anne