Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Transformation Thursday: 3/50 Project


Interested in transforming your local economy? Consider this: if half the employed population spent just $50 total each month in locally owned independent businesses, it would generate $42.6 billion in revenue. More than half of this returns to the local economy! Want to learn more? Visit the 3/50 Project, which incidentally started as a blog post. We love us some independents here at rhubarb reign -- don't you? Indie business is what it's all about. Many thanks to our friend at Musings of a Sea Witch for calling this important outreach to our attention. Thanks for joining us for Transformation Thursday. Click the link on our sidebar for more great ideas. xo

4 comments:

Sea Witch said...

Sandy and Jo. Thanks so much for the blog mention. The blogging community never ceases to amaze at how messages are transported to so many people with just one posting. Really underscores the 3/50 project or how the money we invest in our indie stores and shopes keeps our communities fiscally healthy. Sea Witch

Sandy and Joe/rhubarb reign said...

No problem! Thanks again for the information on the 3/50 Project. I had seen it one other time, but it was a great reminder. I'm going to put the button on my sidebar. Sorry to refer to you so generically, too. I didn't see your first name on your profile! xo

Linda Summerfield said...

My husband would be thrilled if I brought my spending down to $50.00 per month! I think I am responsible for keeping some of our shop owners in business.

Unknown said...

I shop in small businesses as much as possible. I would rather give my money to people I know and love rather than a big corporation who doesn't care one bit about me.

Great way to think about it!

Hope you signed up for the Purdy Paintbrush giveaway -- I know you'd use it!