1. Joe is the oldest of 6 children, 3 boys and 3 girls
2. He went to Catholic school all the way through
3. Joe's middle name is "Herbert," after his dad
4. Joe's great-great-great grandpa was racquets (a pre-cursor to modern tennis) champion of Great Britain; Joe's grandpa was the tennis pro at the Detroit Country Club and had many of the Fords as students
5. Joe collects pocket knives; he especially likes this little kind with a trick closure that only will open when held a certain way
6. Joe's favorite band is Mott the Hoople; coincidentally, they are playing in London this weekend; he says he's available if anyone would like to take him
7. Joe graduated Cum Laude from Western Michigan with a degree in English, emphasis on creative writing; he received the Waldo Sangren award his senior year and produced a book of poetry entitled "Reliquary"
8. Joe is a voracious reader
9. He loves to dance and has more than 1500 LPs
10. He's a certified appraiser and a fabulous auctioneer
Whew! Joe, you are the best business partner ever. (: Happy Birthday, buddy. And many more. xo
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Happy Birthday to the "Man in the Green Shirt"
October 1 is the illustrious occasion of Joe's, my business partner, (aka "the Man in the Green Shirt," you'll have to ask him to explain) 54th birthday. In honor of this auspicious event, I would like to present 10 of my favorite facts about Joe, in no particular order: