Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Are You Pinterest-ed?

Sunday at Grayslake, I was talking with Joan and Emily, two of our pals from EsseMade, about our new love, Pinterest:
Giving credit where credit is due, it was another customer, Carol of Vintage Charm, who originally mentioned it to me. OK, several times. And of course, as with all things tech, it took me a long time to actually take a look. But I have to say, I love it! Not enough yet to start my own board, but it has replaced some of my magazine perusing. Too many of my print friends have folded in the last few years, and Pinterest more than fills the void. Plus it is just so darn easy to use.

If you aren't familiar. do take a look. It is basically a virtual bulletin board where you can "pin" things you like and/or look at images that other people like. It is a great place to jump start creative thinking!

Grayslake Report

As predicated, the weather for Grayslake was LOVELY. So there were lots of outside dealers and a good crowd both days. We just squeaked over the line in meeting our sales goal as the show was closing, and we appreciate everyone who helped us to do just that. Smalls and graphics carried the day. Now we are getting ready for Burlington, our last outdoor show of the season, as well as a trip to restock Midland. Burlington is a great little show, and the weather is supposed to be beautiful. Did I hear ROAD TRIP!! Grab some friends and join us. And for our pals in the Cincinnati area, what are you waiting for? Be sure to come and see us. I'll have photos posted later in the week of what's coming to both locations, here and on Facebook, so be sure to take a look.

Zurkos also asked me to mention that they will be honoring the HALF-OFF GENERAL ADMISSION coupons for Wheaton's season opener this Saturday, as well as for their special Halloween show on October 29. Check their blog for details. And if you set up your Pinterest board before I do, let me know so I can take a look! xo


2 comments:

Bethany said...

I haven't taken the plunge yet either. I'm afraid of how addicting it will be, but the chance for lots of inspiration and ideas will probably win out and I'll pinterest-ing with all the rest. :)

True North Interior Design & Antiques said...

Hi Sany,
I just started pinterest & I am now one of the "newly addicted!"
I am using it to store creative ideas and for clients. I love it!
CJ