Monday, June 8, 2009

Summer Lovin'

I'm a fickle collector; I lose interest quickly. So I was relieved to read one day an account of a fellow flea-marketer's confession that she indulged in "crushes" -- collections that only lasted as long as her thumping heart allowed. Once the pitter-pat ended, so did the collecting. A perfect solution! Thought you might like to take a quick look at two of my most recent "affairs":

Vintage colored pencils -- I even love the boxes!

And old carnival buttons -- oh so sassy.
Like Susan Sarandon's character Annie Savoy in the movie "Bull Durham," I am faithful for the duration of the (summer flea market) season. So, without further ado, I'd like to proudly introduce my crush for this summer's season:


Amazing bits of vintage jewelry, especially old rhinestones and holy medals.*
We use these for embellishing all sorts of projects, plus I've been toying around with some Amy Hanna-inspired necklaces. How much fun is that!
I'd love to hear about what inspires you. What do you collect? Are you a "crusher" or are your collecting passions life-long? Leave a comment and let me know!
*And Heather, if you're reading this, you always get dibs when we're together! Who loves ya, baby!? (: xo

4 comments:

anythinggoeshere said...

I am always drawn to the ordinary things of life. Wooden spoons, whisk brooms, brushes, clothes pins, buckets and tubs. Well used and well loved and now left behind by others. Happy Thursday, Sandy.

ann at greenoak said...

i wold love to find a jewelry pile like that!!! to encrust a big bust or dressform....like my wire dressforms...havent figured out how yet...
ive saved those funny buttons too..but never knew where they were from....
are you ever open in plymouth?

i collect like mad....but usually dont get rid of it....long time collections of majolica, bristol glass, folkart, furniture.....victorian wall shelves and so much more...lol...
ann.

Linda Summerfield said...

Thanks for the heads up regarding the Lake County Flea Market date change.
My current mood is handmade baby slips.
Linda

garage sale girly said...

hi there
garage sale girly here!just wanted to let you know i thought about your blog on friday when i was out at a garage sale & came across some vintage colored pencils in a box!!yes i could totally see the allure.i agree about the crushes! my current crush would be hats...what the heck am i going to do with them!!thanks for leaving me a comment & stopping by to read my ramblings...