Friday, April 15, 2011

Gettin' Lucky: Shopping Chicago

The May issue of Lucky Magazine has a four-page spread about Chicago shoppin'! Some of my old favorites are there-- Merz Apothecary, P.O.S.H., Robin Richmond -- but there are lots of new places that look amazing! Asrai Gardens, Renegade Handmade and Roslyn among them.
Sigh. I can't believe I've been gone for 10 years. I do miss the shopping. Maybe it's time to organize a field trip. (: Glad to see customer Julie Fernstrom's Brimfield mentioned, too. Check the issue out!


Got distracted yesterday and forgot to take photos of this week's finds; will do for next week. Tomorrow, we are off to Ohio. For those in Chicago, check out Zurko's Civil War Collectors show and sale Saturday at the DuPage County Fairgrounds in Wheaton. This year marks the 150th anniversary of the start of the war; would be an awesome way to show kids who are studying the war era in school some actual artifacts. Talk to you next week -- check us out on Facebook in the meantime; will post some new photos of our weekend adventures there. xo

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Funny how long I've lived here and I just don't take the time to go downtown anymore. Maybe I will orchestrate a field day trip. Thanks for the inspiration
Blessings
Rebecca

Glenda said...

I need to head out to my local B&N. Sunday afternoon reading Lucky, sipping coffee, and people watching. Sounds like a plan. Wait I have to much to do, yes we signed on the building!!! yay Can't wait to share the details with you.
Have a great week.
~G~