Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Just for Fun: Year of the Rabbit; Plus Remember to Vote for Sherman by Thursday

According to Chinese tradition, 2011 is the Year of the Rabbit -- home and family, the arts, diplomacy, investments and peace keeping will rule the day! If you were born a Rabbit,* this is your lucky year.



I was born in '63, so that makes me a Rabbit. Just for fun, I decided to make rabbits my Summer Crush for 2011 -- same rules as ever apply; nothing over $10! And of course, I had to read "The Year of the Hare," by Finnish author Arto Paasilinna. It's a hoot -- "droll" is the best word I can think of to describe it. Definitely recommended.



And as my first official act of Rabbit-Luck-Sharing, I'd like to ask you to join me in supporting my friend Sherman (Mark "Sherman" Trombley, Hospitals 2 Category) in the National Culinary Competition. Sherman is a semi-finalist and needs your vote to make it to the next round, the finals in New York. The last day to vote is May 5 -- so Hop to it and click here! More information can be found in last week's post.

Many thanks to all who came out to support us at Kane County last weekend. We're now busy getting ready for Grayslake. Check back later this week for a peek at what we're bringing and to print out your half-off-regular-admission coupon. 'Til then, see you on the Bunny Trail. xo



*1915, 1927, 1939, 1951, 1963, 1975, 1987, 1999, 2011 are all Rabbit years.



No comments: