Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Something Special

One thing I like about the start of a new year is writing goals. Yes, I am just that geeky. I also enjoy making lists and crossing things off, but that is another story. One of my goals for this year is to be a better citizen in the blogging universe. One way I'm going to try and do this is visiting other blogs more consistently, leaving comments and sharing links. And I have a great link for you today -- something really special!

But before I share it with you, take a look at this lovely graphic, just one of many pages from a book I bought at last month's Expo Show. I framed a bunch of them for this past weekend; while working with them, I was surprised to see that this beautiful writing was actually part of a tutorial (circa 1890) for BLACKBOARD WRITING! Wow. The link I want to share with you is the website of Dana Tanamachi, a contemporary graphic designer and customer chalk letterer from Brooklyn, New York. Ms. Tanamachi specializes in chalkboard art -- everything comes full circle! You are really in for a treat. Be sure to watch one of the time-lapse videos of her creating a piece. It is simply amazing! Many thanks to my pal Glenda Goins, Mishawaka Antiques, for sharing the link with me.

So how was your New Year? We had a great show at the DuPage Expo Center. Zurkos reported that it was their BIGGEST gate to date for this event. Many thanks to all who came out to support the show. Today, I am off to restock at Mishawaka and then shop for Grayslake. We got 12 inches of snow last night, so that should make things more interesting! Check back later this week, both here and on Facebook, to see what's new. xo

No comments: