Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Go with the ... ; Grayslake Report



GO WITH THE ... : When my BFF Kathleen said she had a magazine she thought I'd like, I knew I was in for a treat. And FLOW does not disappoint. Full of great articles (her favorite is about the "good old days" when English heiresses ran off to Mexico with their Surrealist boyfriends), great artwork and fun projects, FLOW is a feast for all your artsy sensibilities. The only teensy bummer is the price tag -- at $22, it can only be a sometimes indulgence. Maybe we should get a co-op together to buy and share!  GRAYSLAKE REPORT: Well, it was another nailbiter. We had a flurry of activity for early buy, then it was kind of slow on Saturday. When we tallied things up at the end of the day, the dollars weren't too far off, just not a huge number of transactions. And virtually no furniture. Sunday, however, was a pleasant change. Steadily busy during the day, with a another flurry right at the end. Whew! So we ended up actually exceeding our goal for the weekend by a pip. Still not seeing many of our retail customers and smalls definitely carried the day. Many thanks to all who came out for the show! This week, we are on break -- it's my son's graduation party -- so no show. We will be restocking at Midland and Mishawaka. Heard the later had a great turnout for their second anniversary sale, so will be excited to hear more about that. Have a great week! xo
 
 

1 comment:

Glenda said...

Oh my goodness, I just purchased Flow last night as a treat to myself... How did I know that you might have seen it too!
~g~xo