Monday, March 1, 2010

Some Kinda Wonderful

Joe and I have been the recipients of some wonderfully kind gestures of late. So much so that I wanted to share just a few of them with you:

One of our excellent Chicago customers, Frae, brought us FIVE bags of goodness (she'd been spring cleaning) at the last Wheaton show, including this lovely Sunday painting. Reminds me that it won't be long before there are lilacs blooming in the alley again!

Another excellent Chicago customer, Linda, left us speechless by naming ours as her favorite blog when she was interviewed in the latest issue of Flea Market Style magazine. Wow! Check out her profile on page 28.



Olivia, youngest daughter of our fellow dealer Diane, made this adorable house for my cat Maddie; Calvin and Ruby, who belong to Michigan/Indiana/Ohio customer Shannan, made me these swell pictures after I met them while on a lunch date with their fabulous mom last week;



Our excellent friend and long-time customer Tina made these adorable cards and chains from vintage papers. Love, love, love them.

These yummy chocolate bars came from still another Chicago customer Lisa, along with the cutest little squirrel pin. I still have the pin, but the chocolate didn't last the week!



This necklace is a real stunner. Chicago customer Jeannie was kind enough to let me buy it right from round her neck at Grayslake last month, and people literally stop me in my tracks to ask about it whenever I have it on.



We always say we have the most wonderful customers in the world and here's just a little proof! Thanks for all the kind things you do for us all year long. Will post about our weekend trip to Midland, probably on Wednesday. And get ready -- KANE COUNTY starts its season Saturday. We can't wait! Be sure to join us. xo






9 comments:

ChiPPy-SHaBBy said...

CoNgRaTuLaTioNs on mention of YOUR BLOG in the "Most Popular Magazine" - on the news stand right now - FLEA MARKET STYLE!*!*! Way to Go!!! P.S.- see you at Kane Saturday... Jeanine, ChiPPy!-SHaBBy!

alee said...

Glad to "meet" you :) I live in IN. & have a little occasional shop. I get to Midland some {of course not often enough :)}Love that place! Its fun to find some {somewhat} local fellow bloggers! Congrats on the Mag. mention!

True North Interior Design & Antiques said...

We love your blog and feel the mention was well deserved. You put such time and thought in to what you blog about. We always look forward to reading what new post you have put up.

annie said...

I saw you mentioned in the mag---between this and your last big mag to do, you may not want to rub elbows with us little folk anymore...I can always say I knew you when...
annie
p.s.
I am HOPING upon HOPE to get to Kane
miss you

The Elegant Thrifter said...

Thank you for putting my book in the sidebar. I realized it when I saw that we are both mentioned in FMS magazine! Again, I truly appreciate your kind words. Stan

Johanna said...

No surprise you and Joe would attract so many kind gestures. There's a saying for that. "Pretty is as pretty does"? No. "You catch more bees with honey"? Not quite. "What goes around comes around"? Aargh! Well, there IS a saying, I just can't quite come up with it at the moment.

ain't for city gals said...

Your blog and posts make me feel there are so many wonderful people with the entrepreneur spirit ....we can make a difference...love your book column..must get a couple of those...

Linda Summerfield said...

It's your good Karma!!!

Monica said...

Both the lilac painting and necklace are stunning!!
Can't wait for lilacs to blossom too! I have a white lilac- so elegant and divinely scented!
Monica.